Maker Monday is MIT MakerWorkshop’s orientation for students, faculty, and staff to become members. After attending, members are allowed to use the space. To gain access to machines, users need to attend that Machine’s Specific Training.
Time & Location:
Maker Monday occurs on Mondays except on institute and federal holidays. Sign up here to attend!
To be eligible to become a member of the shop, students, faculty, and staff must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Be a MakerWorks mentor (applications to become a mentor occur twice a year)
- Be affiliated with Course 2 (Mechanical Engineering) or in a Course 2 class
- Be affiliated with Course 16 (AeroAstro) or in a Course 16 class
- Be a member of our sister shop, MIT ProtoWorks at the Martin Trust Center
- Be a member of D-Lab or in a D-Lab class
- Be a first-year in MIT MakerLodge who has filled out this application and been accepted
Note that mentors, members of D-Lab, and members of ProtoWorks do not have to be Course 2 or Course 16 affiliated to use our space! If you are interested in becoming a mentor you can fill out this form or email [mw-exec (at) mit (dot) edu] and we’ll make sure to email you when the next round of applications goes out!
Maker Monday covers the following material:
- The MIT MakerWorkshop philosophy: Model, Make, and Measure
- Expectations & Safety: shop rules, member conduct, and safety training specific to MIT MakerWorkshop
- Community: meet mentors on duty and fellow users